1/24/11

Chili Dog


Alright, not the prettiest, I know. But the taste makes up for it. This is your average meaty, cheesy, chili dog, but a lot lot lot better for you. It took me about five minutes to make these for my mom, my little bother and I, and we all thought they were wonderful.

Chili Dog

Ingredients: 

Ball Park Smoked White Turkey Franks ( 45 cals, fat free, all white meat, no fillers!)

light wheat rolls 

can of chili (use any kind. I used turkey, but vegetarian would also work)

diced onions

relish

mustard

light cheddar cheese

Directions:

These can be made in the oven at 350 for in the toaster oven if your lazy like me. Place buns in a heatproof dish and toast until a little crispy. Remove and squeeze some mustard and relish into the buns. Next place the hot dogs and top with chili. Dice some onions and place on top. Finish the dogs with a sprinkle of light cheddar cheese. Put the dogs in the oven or toaster until the buns crisp up, the filling is hot, and the cheese is melty, about 5-7 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment