1/24/11

Turkey Reuben

The only reason I can think of not to eat a Reuben is because of its rather unappealing nutritional stats. But don't worry. I've taken care of that. I use a much healthier turkey pastrami that is just as good regular, along with light swiss cheese and a light yogurt thousand island dressing. Trust me, if my brothers didn't notice a difference, neither will you.


Turkey Reuben 

Ingredients:

2 slices Rye bread 

Light Thousand Island Dressing

3 slices Turkey Pastrami

 sauerkraut

light swiss cheese

Directions:

Turn on a panini press or mini grill. Spray the outside of the Rye bread (use Rye!) with cooking spray. Spread a few teaspoons of light thousand island dressing on both halves. Add a few slices of turkey pastrami, 1 to 1 1/2 slices of light swiss cheese, and a generous helping of sauerkraut. Place the second piece of Rye on top and grill sandwich until golden brown and crispy.



No comments:

Post a Comment